You can type here any text you want

Power Master Check Valve

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MRP78

Where is the power master check valve located and what does it look like? What's the procedure for removal and cleaning. I have a leak and would like to rule that out as an issue.

it's been a long while but I remember it is located right where the high pressure line threads into the master cylinder.

The rubber hose from the bottom of the engine side reservoir runs over to it iirc

There is one line that goes from under the accumulator on the drivers side up along the firewall where it has another joint and then down to the back of the pump motor on the passenger side. There is another line that runs from the bottom of the reservoir on the passenger side to about the middle of the pump motor. Which of these contains the check valve?

below the accumulator ball in the main body of the master cylinder

depressurize and remove accumulator ball
remove the steel line from the mastercylinder
there is a steel cartridge inside the opening , the check poppet is behind that cartridge with a spring behind the check poppet
to remove place a rag over the opening to catch parts and a quick shot of compressed air into the accumulator opening will push the parts out

clean the check face and the cartridge rubber face of sludge .
make sure spring isn't collapsed or broken

to install
install spring on check poppet , spring end goes into opening first
then the cartridge with rubber face in toward check
then reinstall hose

below the accumulator ball in the main body of the master cylinder

depressurize and remove accumulator ball
remove the steel line from the mastercylinder
there is a steel cartridge inside the opening , the check poppet is behind that cartridge with a spring behind the check poppet
to remove place a rag over the opening to catch parts and a quick shot of compressed air into the accumulator opening will push the parts out

clean the check face and the cartridge rubber face of sludge .
make sure spring isn't collapsed or broken

to install
install spring on check poppet , spring end goes into opening first
then the cartridge with rubber face in toward check
then reinstall hose

I've somehow lost the check poppet and cannot find it anywhere but I don't know what I'm looking for or what color it would be. I caught the flying parts with a rag but then dropped the rag. I found the spring and the cartridge but cannot find the check poppet. Is there any place to get one or anything that can be substituted? I have the cartridge and the spring. Such an idiot I am.

You would need a powermaster master cylinder rebuild kit. discontinued a long time ago and very hard to find.

or get a used complete unit for parts.

Says "Exc. Powermaster", which I assume means "excludes"?

Says "Exc. Powermaster", which I assume means "excludes"?
I realized after I post it and could not retract it, or delete it
The only thing for him is to see if one of the board member has one for parts or buy a rebuilt one from our board vendors or from:
http://www.grandnationalspecialties.com/servlet/the-2242/POWERMASTER-BRAKE-UNIT/Detail and their description:
ALL OF THE INTERNALS HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY OVERHAULED AND UPGRADED. ALL MY UNITS COME WITH DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS, NEW BRAKE LINE O-RINGS, AND BLEEDER. EVERY UNIT HAS BEEN PRIMED AND TESTED PRIOR TO SALE.
$629.95

Back