You can type here any text you want

Power Passanger window stopped halfway up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85supreme

I had the passanger window down and back up earlier today without any troubles. Now it is stuck halfway up and it looks like its going to rain so i have the cover on right now.

Both the drivers side switch and the passanger side switch wont move it.
The drivers side window goes up and down fine.

I did some searching on the forums, but did not find a senario exactly like mine.

I did try wiggling the drivers side switch and passanger switch, to see if it was sending the "off" signal but had no luck.

Where should i start?

Based off of what i have been reading a lot of power window problems are caused by the switches rather than the motor. (correct me if im wrong)

I do have motors off of an '85 Oldsmobile Cutlass as well as the switches. Would these parts be interchangable?

Thanks in advance
-Mike

Yes these parts are interchagable. You can try to swap the switches first. If that dont work check to see if a came out of the window switches. If no there then take the passange side door panel off and hit the switch to see if you hear any clicking noise coming from the motor. If so than try knock the motor with something and try to help pull the window up and down to get it to move freely. You can aslo jump the motor to make sure it is getting power.

It ended up being the motor. Went over to auto zone and picked one up for 30 dollars and had it fixed that night. Window goes up and down a lot faster now too.

Back