You can type here any text you want

Power seat removal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CzyKats44

This is the way.
Ok, seat coupler is bad. I have parts in hand. However, the seat is all the way back and I can't access the rear mount bolts. Could I pull the cable from the trans for front to back axis and use a drill to move it manually. Can I even access the cable? What do I do?

You can surely get an open end wrench on the mounting nuts and just remove it blindly. My seat is all the way down and back. I just went out in the garage and could feel the hexs under the plastic trim with my fingers. It will be a pain in the ass but you can get to them. Alot easier than pulling cables apart.

You can surely get an open end wrench on the mounting nuts and just remove it blindly. My seat is all the way down and back. I just went out in the garage and could feel the hexs under the plastic trim with my fingers. It will be a pain in the ass but you can get to them. Alot easier than pulling cables apart.

Good call John! After I had the seat out I can see the drill and cable method would have resulted in transmission breakage!

As for the removal ... I had to break apart the plastic hardware covers but the nuts are accessible, haha an 1/8 turn takes a while but they are out!

Thanks again!

Where'd you find the replacement coupler? Mines been bad for years so we made a fix but it's not as smooth as I'd like.

Where'd you find the replacement coupler? Mines been bad for years so we made a fix but it's not as smooth as I'd like.

I got it at OldBuickParts.com

http://www.oldbuickparts.com/catalo...-seat-coupling-1979-87-buick-way-p-26583.html

It had to be pressed it onto the transmission shaft (socket and slide clamp), then I drew the motor shaft in with motor mounting screws, its super snug and works like a champ!! I also took the opportunity to carefully open the transmission and gave it a good lubing along with spray lubing the cable sheaths.

Good luck!

Back