You can type here any text you want

Powermaster Dash Rattle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ravege

I had a Powermaster in which the motor ran continuously and died. I've read where a bad switch will cause that. Fuse was blown.

Instead of trying to fix it piecemeal I got a complete Cardone rebuild (cha ching) and installed it (that brake pedal...). The accumulator on the rebuild was different, could not get a deep socket on the outer stud. I'm new to these things and wasn't certain the accumulator could/should be removed when installing the mc so I left it on and got the nut on the long and tedious way.

Bled and took a test drive everything is fine. Go out a few days later and notice a rattle from the dash that comes and goes periodically. Realized it's when the powermaster is running. The rattle isn't too bad when cold, gets very loud and annoying after some time.

But the brakes are working. Plenty of assist, no hard pedal, no brake light, no leaking, the motor comes on every 2nd to 3rd pump for a few seconds as I believe it should - basically it *works* fine. But I'm concerned that something is giving off warning signs. Any ideas? Please no suggestions to convert to something else, not right now at least. I'm feeling this may be a return and re-install, I hope not, that pedal...

Back