You can type here any text you want

Powermaster issue helppp

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn_steve

boosted canadian
Hi guys its me again lol i have a powermaster issue and i am trying to diagnos this
5315e566bcfcb555ce9f324679ac3b1e.jpg

I have power to the 2 midle wires with out pressing the brake and if i press the brakes i still have power to the 2 middle wires but nothing else

My question is when i press the brakes where am i suposed to have power on this harness??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys its me again lol i have a powermaster issue and i am trying to diagnos this
5315e566bcfcb555ce9f324679ac3b1e.jpg

I have power to the 2 midle wires with out pressing the brake and if i press the brakes i still have power to the 2 middle wires but nothing else

My question is when i press the brakes where am i suposed to have power on this harness??

I dont have my books here in the house but It should not matter about the brake pedal, the power master gets turned on by the pressure switch, when the pressure gets low enough the switch closes and the motor will pump up the pressure. the brake pedal just pumps the master cylinder.

power to the middle two on the 4 connector is right, terminal A the black wire is the ground for the motor, B brown wire is +12 hot in run key on only, C red wire is +12 hot all the time, D white wire is the ground wire for the p/m relay--- this wire will go to ground when the pressure is low to turn on the power master motor.

you can temporarily ground the white wire with the connector plugged in to see if the unit will run.

The three wire plug on the pressure switch provides ground for the p/m relay on terminal A white wire, ground for the brake warning light on terminal B tan/white wire, terminal C goes to ground point g109 and should test to ground at all times.

You never told us what your issue actually is, or did I miss it?

How long was the brake warning light nagging you before the brakes went out?? I assume by no brakes you mean a very hard pedal?

Post up another picture of your powermaster showing what accumulator ball is installed and also the pressure switch on top.

Does the powermaster run at all when key is turned on? Probably not.
Check your fuses, specifically the 30 amp labeled PWR BRK

Powermaster not running at all and got the car this way so i dont know!

I think i found my problem i had a spare powermaster unit laying around from my old t-type and took the pressure switch off of it and instaled it on my gn and it works fine now!

Keep a close eye on system operation. That particular generation (second generation) has a bad lifespan issue. The newest generation being sold now are literally bullet proof.

I am shopping for a cacum conversion i had one close call with my t-type and that was enough for me!

Back