You can type here any text you want

Powermaster trivia

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Learn something new everday, even in my advanced years!!

While at our usual Fri night cruise-in, I had someone walk up looking at my car, and offered to sell me a couple of used accumulators. I new I wouldn't buy used from an unknown, but I asked to see them anyway. We walk over to his car, a Ford Super Coupe (not Turbo Coupe). His accumulators didn't have the nut on the end for a wrench but rather a rounded piece that accepted an internal hex wrench. :confused: I was confused, I asked what these were out of. He told me, his car. He had switched it over to vacuum.

I hadn't realized that Ford had also used a powermaster system back in the 80's. He wasn't sure about what the Turbo Coupes had, but the Super Coupes all came with powermasters.

Sorry for boring ya'll to death, but it's a quiet Sunday morning.

cruise in

So where is the friday night cruise in and how big is it Im looking for a new spot. :):):)

His accumulators didn't have the nut on the end for a wrench but rather a rounded piece that accepted an internal hex wrench. :confused:

One thing I remember is that when I bought my GN in '87, it came with the original black accumulator ball that had some provisions on it for an hex wrench next to the threaded part to screw it on. After a while, I got a recall from GM to have it replaced (along with a new grey capped switch) and the new accumulator ball looked a little different. The nut for the hex wrench is now located on the end of the "ball", not near the threads anymore, and it also has some kind of yellow sticker printed on the end of it.

Claude. :cool:

So where is the friday night cruise in and how big is it Im looking for a new spot. :):):)

Way over hear in Seymour, on Chapman Hwy (5PM-8PM). If you're interested I can give you a more precise location, but that's quite a drive for you.
With cooperative weather it's not unusual to see between 70-100 cars (of every description) show up.

One thing I remember is that when I bought my GN in '87, it came with the original black accumulator ball that had some provisions on it for an hex wrench next to the threaded part to screw it on. After a while, I got a recall from GM to have it replaced (along with a new grey capped switch) and the new accumulator ball looked a little different. The nut for the hex wrench is now located on the end of the "ball", not near the threads anymore, and it also has some kind of yellow sticker printed on the end of it.

Claude. :cool:

Yes, the replacements had the yellow tag, and the nut on the outer end.
The newest ones no longer have that nut on the end, nor the yellow tag, and are wrenced like the originals.

Higher would be OK, lower would reduce the effective capacity I think.
Way different either direction would make it useless.
Any hydraulic engineers out there?

Back