You can type here any text you want

PowerMaster?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

I followed the info. on troubleshooting of the PM when the brake light stays on, I noticed the fuse was blown. I just ordered a new brake switch and when it comes in, I think it might be a good idea to flush out the old fluid and bleed the system, the accumator bowl was replaced about 2 years ago and I don't think that would cause the fuse to blow. There doesnt seem to be any leaks either. hopefully it's the switch

Last edited:
I don't get it...I know I'm not the criminial. The fuse only blown once, last week. I haven't bothered touching the car since. It would make more cents for the fuse to blow before the PM motor/pump. Unless there's a wire problem. The fluid looks like coca -cola or pepsi also.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I should spend $200 on a brake flush yet plus I already ordered the brake switch $109(waiting for it in the next week or so). If the motor is bad or burnt I could replace the fluid with a new rebuilt unit, if it comes to that or if I know mine is still good I can replace the fluid after the switch. Today I put in a new 30amp fuse and turned the ign. on too see if the motor from PM was working.My hearing is not the greatest, I let it run for less than 20 seconds i think and then shut off the ign. Also tryed unpluging and pluging the wire adaptor that goes to switch. I check the fuse after to see if it was blown, fuse is still good. I put my hand on the PM motor after I shut off, It felt very hot(so maybe it's still working). Anyways I depressed the brake system with 15-20 pumps at the pedal with Ign. off . I removed the brake switch came off pretty easy. I notice fluid in the port where the switch screws in too. I heard somewhere if theres fluid in that port replace the switch. Is this correct??? Any help would be apreicated...And if so do I have to remove any fluid in that port before installing new brake switch or just screw the new switch in?

Last edited:
If you pay someone to flush the system, make sure they are familiar with Grand Nationals and thier problematic brakes
The PowerMaster is not your average brake system and must be handled correctly to have it work right

Yes, there may be fluid seen inside the port where the switch screws into
It needs to sense the fluid pressure inside the valve body to do its job
Just carefully screw it in until tight connect back up and test for proper operation
The pump motor will get hot during normal operation
Its when the fulse blows on a regular basis that there is a problem

installed the brake switch, it worked the light turned off, but I didnt keep an eye on the reveivour, It went low and their's air got inside the the lines. Going to do a brake flush and bleed the lines next week

Back