You can type here any text you want

practice/virtual XFI tuning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chevyII

Just wondering if ther is a way or has been done to look and practice tune using the XFI system without a car/engine. I have never seen or used this system and will be needing to tune one on a stage 2 in the near future. I just would like to shorten the learning curve and make the mistakes on the computer rather than lose parts at the track.

chevyII said:
Just wondering if ther is a way or has been done to look and practice tune using the XFI system without a car/engine. I have never seen or used this system and will be needing to tune one on a stage 2 in the near future. I just would like to shorten the learning curve and make the mistakes on the computer rather than lose parts at the track.

Only the oems have a really good engine simulators, as far as I can tell, you you're meaning typing in changes, and trying to see a predictable response.

Next up to an engine simulator, is using an ecm bench. While it doesn't give the feedback of an actual engine, you can go slowly thur inputting signals like what a running engine would generate, and then analyse what the ecm does in response to those inputs.

Here's some pics of what my ecm bench looks like. They can range from the basic, to the oem level of being able to feedback an estimate of what an actual engine would do.

There's a nack in getting used to using one, but they let you see what changes, have what effects on the output.

Attachments

• Overview.JPG
    Overview.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Lockers.JPG
    Lockers.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Benchface.JPG
    Benchface.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 148Bench.jpg
    148Bench.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Smallscope.jpg
    Smallscope.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 121
You could contact the dealer that you will be buying the unit from and ask them to send you a copy of the software. You won't be able to tune with it per say but you will be able to go through the different setup and calibration tables and familiarize yourself with them. The XFI has pretty decent help manual included with the software.

Posting Log files from the FAST xfi

Can someone give me the run down on how to post a log from software FAST XFI. I sure could use some help in interpeting the data I am gathering.

you will need to go to your C drive and infd the ccomwpxfi folder and open the .log folder and that is the file you post or email, email me a copy and ill take a look at it.

Back