You can type here any text you want

Problems connecting to FAST ecm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vtec4gs

Just got the racecar back from the shop after they installed the cage, hopefully they took the ecm out before welding. Anyway, the car starts and all no problems, but I can't connect to the ECM using the same laptop I always use (OS is Win 98).

I did receive the car back with the serial cable disconnected, but nothing visually looks wrong. I did follow the posts below with another person having similar issues with the cable, wonder if the jerks at the shop swapped my cable.

Anyway, can Craig or someone tell me how the 3 wires should connect to the 9 pin individual serial pins.

thanks,
Greg

Pin A on the 3 pin connector on the serial cable should connect to pin 3 on the 9-pin end. This wire should go all the way through to pin N1 on the ECU itself.

Pin B on the 3 pin connector on the serial cable should connect to pin 5 on the 9-pin end. This wire should go all the way through to pin N3 on the ECU itself.

Pin C on the 3 pin connector on the serial cable should connect to pin 2 on the 9-pin end. This wire should go all the way through to pin N2 on the ECU itself.

Hope this helps you out!

Craig,

all the connections seem intact, what is error #23, can't connect to ecu. ? does this mean the com port is wrong or does it mean the ecu is not giving a signal ?

thanks,
Greg

Back