You can type here any text you want

Project TR with a Cage

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboWh1

Anybody have an 86-87 project car with a cage that they woud like to part with? I dont care if it has an engine or trans. I would like a car with little to no rust. I can paint so that is not an issue either. Let me know what you have and how much you are looking to get. The cheaper the better.

I might have what you need.....

It's a car that came from TN that was lightened up to go fast. It is basically just a rolling chassis right now, and has a cage in it. The whole front end is fiberglass (needs re-mounted) and was designed to tilt forward, or totally come off, or just take the hood off. Makes it nice when you need to work on the motor & stuff, could just sit on the tire & all kinds of room. Trunk lid is fiberglass too. All could easily be swapped for steel parts if wanted to make it more like a stocker.
There is no motor or trans in it right now. It has a 7.5 rear in it to get it to roll, but not good for racing. I got it to test fit parts & prototype from, and don't need it anymore. I will add in a suspension kit of ours for 20% off for whoever buys to help out it if interested. Also 20% off motor/trans mts too if you need them & buy the car. Also have a line on a good 8.5 rear reasonable, and can get new Moser stuff too if need a 9" or 12 bolt. Might be able to help with motor & trans too if looking for it all, lot's of possibilities & will do what I can to help out.
Needs paint & cleaned up, but decent piece to start with. Has some rust but seems to be the worst on bottoms of doors. Can help with new doors if you would rather just change them vs fixing the rust. Trunk bottom seems OK & bottoms of floorpan has a few spots but not totally wasted. Rather see someone get it & fix it up, vs sitting around here doing nothing.

Please send me an EMAIL and I will send you more pictures & info. It's not pretty right now, but has lot's of potential & will go FAST for someone on a budget! Plus I'm in the mood to sell it :) Had $1900 on it, lowered it to $1500, don't have time to list it & take calls & show it, so make me an offer! Let me know, cash talks!!! Located in OH, basically between Akron & Youngstown.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 150
More information

Just so you know it is originally an 84 GN. The car has been low 10's with a iron head stock block 10 or 15 years ago. I bought it with a stage II motor and used it in another car then Paul got it from me.
Mark "Puddin" Thomas owned it before me you might know him from crewing Tweaked back in the day.
I have a complete 87 motor and trans and a ton of other parts we can put with it if you want. The motor has fresh bearings in it and the trans is fresh too. I still have the radiator and liquid intercooler out of that car that can go back in it if you want.
Get a hold of Paul if you are interested I will be glad to help anyway I can too.

Dave

Thanks for the replies guys! However I am no longer in the market for a TR project. I need to spend some time on my old Corvette that I have been neglecting.

I was at puddin's a few week's ago and we talked about his old car. Year's ago at the nat's I rode in the car with his 109 motor at the track and if you notice it has no pass seat talk about a ride the man at the time booth was not happy to say the least lol. I wouldn't do that again back when the nat's were a lot more fun.

Back