You can type here any text you want

Proper shooting grip.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Chuck Leeper said:
Yep....First time out, I peeled the top of my LH thumb knuckle off!! :eek::rolleyes:

Haha really? I see several instructors teaching the thumbs forward grip. Works great for me

Haha really? I see several instructors teaching the thumbs forward grip. Works great for me

Yep! Thumbs overlapping = FAIL!!
Glock 27 is almost too small for my hand......Bought it for concealed carry. Sure NOT a general "plinking/target weapon.
I am now a "student" of the thumbs forward approach!:D
Grip is MUCH improved w/ the +1 extended magazine add-ons. it's not twisting when the recoil hits.

Yep! Thumbs overlapping = FAIL!!
Glock 27 is almost too small for my hand......Bought it for concealed carry. Sure NOT a general "plinking/target weapon.
I am now a "student" of the thumbs forward approach!:D
Grip is MUCH improved w/ the +1 extended magazine add-ons. it's not twisting when the recoil hits.
ahhh yeah, my G23 feels great with the Peirce grip . In my exp Ive had better luck with the thumbs forward technique. but my thumbs never touch the gun.keeps me from getting slide bite from the sideof the slide. To each his own i guess. What ever works best is what I go with

The "Thumbs Forward" grip has been favored for a few years by almost all competition shooters of any note. It's main forte is not so much an improvement on accuracy not precision but on getting the gun back on target for the next shot in competition.
It is not an easy trick to pick up for an old dog like me so I stick with the old thumb over thumb technique.
The thumbs forward is not easy for your off gun wrist to adapt to.

Try the thumbs forward on a revolver and tell me how that works out for you! :eek: Thumb over thumb works for me just fine on both semi-auto pistols and revolvers, also in terms of muscle memory changing grips in a combat situation is not a good idea. Bottom line, do whatever works best for you, just like the homies with the ghetto sideways grip. ;)

Back