You can type here any text you want

Pulley alignment

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

larrym

West Coast Newfy
so I have been battling a squeaky belt at start up 2 new belts great at first but after a couple trips the squeak is back. I checked my pulley alignment and it looks like the water pump pulley is about 1/8th farther out than the crank pulley. Is there a shim kit for the crank pulley available?

The correct fix would be to press the water pump pulley flange into he correct place. When I built my last engine I had to pull it .069" to make it true.

Did you check the battery? Under charged battery at start up can cause that. The tensioner feel OK? You dont want to move the crank pulley out. What earl said I have seen as well

So measure and figure how much I need to move the shaft pull the water pump set up the the press mark the shaft and press the shaft into the water pump.
It's a fairly new pump.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've only checked two pumps for perfect alignment... both of them were off. In my cases they were both pressed on too far so a minute with a gear puller fixed me up.

and you had to pull out :p no wonder I got 4 kids.............

Back