You can type here any text you want

Pulling the engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Metal

Was I speeding sir?
Can the engine and Trans be pulled at the same time?
I read somewhere you have to pull it from the side but that seems hard to do if you are pulling them both at the same time.
Any pointers?

Because of our long nose, it´s hard to pull the engine from the front of the car. The lift needs very long arm, and it´ll be a really big one to support the weight of both tranny and engine at the same time (extended that far out).

With a roof mounted block, I installed both engine and tranny in my recent GTA. It wasn´t that easy, the body needed to be raised quite a bit to be able to skid the tranny in. The package is pretty long.

no problems pullin them both at same time..but you need to go from the side to get it in the air alittle to pass the motor mounts so you can slide it forward..then swing the hoist around to the front and it will slide right out..done it several times..twice in last 2 weeks...you can jerk the small block gta's from the front with trans no problem..doesnt hurt to hang a pad in front of the hoist in case you get to close to the car..but ive never had a problem...
dan

cruesix:
How complete was the engine when You did this? Mine had the Holley Stealth Ram on and everything, that could have been why it was tight as a #¤#"(

i leave everything on them when i pull them.i only remove the bare minimum.never had one with the stealth ram on it though..dont know if that would make a difference or not..probably just have to be more careful not to let the chain touch it....ive pulled dozens of these over the years..and found its easier the more you leave it together..especially since its so hard to work on them when they are in the car...:eek:

Back