pulsing brakes

dan lephart

When starting my 86 TType the power master runs for a few seconds then clicks, clicks, clicks then runs then clicks,... runs then stops. At a dead stop I can feel the pulsing powermaster in the pedal intermittantly. Rarely the brake lite comes on and goes off.
I should have mentioned first that in fact after being stored all winter I lost the brakes entirely. After getting rid of the jelly looking fluid in the right half of the reservoir and bleeding the dot 4 fluid from the system it seemed better.
I ran the diagonistics from this web site and have determined that the power master sometimes runs as long as 19 seconds. I am a little confused from the results. The accumulator was new 5,000 miles / 18 months ago. The brake lines were recently vacuum bleed - problem was there before bleeding. Do I replace the motor and pump or the proportioning valve? Is the entire power master unit that is available from Advance Auto parts [a cardone reman unit] a good option? Is the power booster from Auto Zone any good? Hank Terry units? Anyone have a Kirban book on the powermaster - they are out of print.:confused:

my e mail is onefastt@ameritec.net your responce is appreciated!

Autozones comes with a lifetime warranty, so hopefully advances does too. If it was me I would replace the whole thing. Less headaches down the road.
Tarey D.

okay... anyone? I read a post today on brake calipers, "I stay away from A1 Cardone parts..." Advance's reman power masters are A1 Cardone. Anyone used their power master? I would like to know if I need the unit or? Any experienced power master brake mechanics in the Springfield/Dayton/Columbus Ohio area that can check this out?