Question about eliminating EGR

wb's87

willrock
I have a RJC powerplate with the EGR hole drilled. Can I still use the powerplate if I eliminate the EGR system?

Who has the best block off plate/or the best way to block off?

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on doing this?

What do I do with the vac lines?

TIA Bill

A block off plate is a block plate, they're all the same. You will need another power plate for the particular dog house you have, may be a part# on yours still. Obviously you won't need that vac line anymore. Just plug it

Ok. Thank you. I wonder if I can plug the hole in the powerplate somehow instead of buying a new one?

Well how big is the hole? I guess were there's a will there's way, but for safety of the engine I wouldn't just stick bolt in there or anything like that. Maybe some really thin sheet metal, shim steel like .005" thick would be easy to cut to shape. Those are just suggestions, I would rather just by another unmolested pp.

I think it's 3/8" if I remember correctly. I was thinking maybe something like a solid rivet. Idk.

I have a RJC powerplate with the EGR hole drilled. Can I still use the powerplate if I eliminate the EGR system?

Who has the best block off plate/or the best way to block off?

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on doing this?

What do I do with the vac lines?

TIA Bill

Who has the best block off plate/or the best way to block off? As they said - they all work more or less as well.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on doing this? RTV Copper - carefully so as not to create a mess. I used a Q-tip to apply. I don't use the gasket ever Don't think you can get enough clamping force with the alum plate and a gasket. For looks - I also use a stainless or chrome allen head button head; 8mm I think.

What do I do with the vac lines? - Eliminate all. But save the special factory molded ones as they might fetch some coin for a resto.

I also lube with grease, and then cap off the EGR solenoid electrical connector with a shrink cap.

U can modify the plate for egr block off. . And then it will actually be useful

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app