You can type here any text you want

Question about running rich

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

My O2 readings are generally in the high 800's at WOT. My setup is

Alky
TT chip
FP 43 line off
30lb injectors
Other usual mods as well, Walpro, Scanmaster, etc

MY BLM is at 134 at idle hot

Question is, how would you go about leaning out and getting the O2 reading to come down. Should I decrease the fp or reduce the amount of Alky by turning down the dial ? It is currently set at 6 on the dial, 22lbs of boost and I get a reading of .05 on the knock on the shift from 3rd to 4th.
Any help would be appreciated.

Decrease the amount of fuel in the chip. The directions are on TurboTweak Home Doing it by fuel pressure is bandaiding a problem. What timing are you running?

Jason

IMO, Bring fuel pressure down to 42 psi and go from there. I always ran alky wide open and adjusted fuel pressure so bl's were at 140 - 145....Making the cumputer do the work. If you adjust fuel with the chip, the settings are lost once battery is disconnected( you will have to remember ADDING fuel w/chip needs done again when power is restored). I aways hated that. Not every car or driver is the same, so it is just what I did to run low 11's and have an awesome street brawler.

If your running rich.. easy.. up the boost :D

If your running rich.. easy.. up the boost :D

Question, if I getting .05 knock now and if I raise the boost to offset the richness, do you think my knock will increase ? And if it does, should I either reduce the alky or reduce the fuel pressure ?
Thanks

I get a reading of .05 on the knock on the shift from 3rd to 4th.

Thats not knock. Real knock escalates in "THE MIDDLE OF A GEAR NOT DURING SHIFTS".. .05.. Thats BS. You shouldnt even be going into 4th.

So you aint getting knock.. running rich.. up the boost. Or send the chip back to Eric and have him pull fuel out.

And leave the boost alone. If you only want to run 22.. then make the chip work for 22.

HTH

Back