Question for those using T&D roller rocker arms and Champion GN1 heads.

whitehot1

Are the rollers on the rocker arms aligned so that they ride directly centered on the top of the valve stems?

If so, did you modify the rockers when you received them or just bolted them on as they came from T&D?

Thanks in advance :smile:

This may not be much help, but I put T & D's on my Champion's years ago and I'm "fairly" certain I didn't do anything to them before putting them on straight out of the box.

They always are not centered. But the roller should cover the valve stem. Mine needed to be more off centered then the ones I ordered only for the push rod to stop rubbing the head. The roller sat on the valve stem properly.

Mine seemed fine right out of the box but then again I didn't look real close to see that they were centered perfect...I think I would have noticed though if they were off center...I built the motor and have had the valve covers off numerous times...I have the T&D style for the 14 bolt heads...seperate shaft for each cyl...if they are off center it hasn't caused any problems...3 years of running...about 2500 street miles and 100+ mid 10 second runs...

The rollers shouldn't be centered at valve close or max open; because the arm forms an arc. The roller should be fairly centered at mid open in a perfect world.

The valve positions on GN-1 heads are slightly different than the stock 8445 head. The rocker arms should align over the stems perfectly, if they don't, it is possible that the rockers were ment to be on the stock head. T&D will sell the correct spacers and shafts to convert them if you choose this route instead of replacing the entire set. HTH, John