You can type here any text you want

Question: What is the stall on a stock TTA converter?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Keep this for the FAQ list?

• YES

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lee_Burough

..Never Forget..
Staff member
Answer: 2650 Engine RPM. However, most break traction at 2400 RPM because the disk brakes usually don't hold more HP. That is why many TTA owners use transmission brakes. (No flames please, TTA brakes are superior in every other way :-) Another small factor that influences breaking traction below 2650 RPM is how "sticky" the tires are.

(This answer is the sum and substance of a telephone conversation with Bruce T. 06/2003)

I thought it was more like 2400. I have Directscan files of me leaving off the Foot and E-Brake with the motor at 4100rpm and 0mph stalling with 18psi or so at the line.

My brakes worked good enough to hold whatever I wanted at the line. I have left with 20psi many times. :cool:

Originally posted by TTA89
I thought it was more like 2400. I have Directscan files of me leaving off the Foot and E-Brake with the motor at 4100rpm and 0mph stalling with 18psi or so at the line.

My brakes worked good enough to hold whatever I wanted at the line. I have left with 20psi many times. :cool:
I couldn't go that high with the Nittos and foot brake but I have plenty of DS files with 3100 before any MPH. Those were 1.6x launches.

That was when I was stock and could launch the car. Now I'm lucky to hit the 1.7s :mad:

Back