You can type here any text you want

Question when installing my newly built engine (TTA)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

So getting ready to drop the engine in place ... all empty engine bay and no transmission in there ...

Anyway, this is the plan:

- Drop engine in place (pretty complete but without the wire harness, no cross over pipe, no starter, no DP, no starter, no IC, no coilpack+bracket)
- Have transmission cooler lines in place as they sneak between the driver side engine mount
- Install transmission and connect oil cooler lines properly (can I get to all trans - engine bolts? Do the trans oil dip stick tube install after the trans is in place, TV wire already connected so will sneak that one up there as well).
- Install DP, cross over, starter, IC etc
- Fit coilpack and bracket
- Install complete engine wire harness (should I expect any problems fitting this at this stage)
- all other smaller bits and pieces ....

Any pointers, recommendations, hard to reach/install areas or order of things would be much appreciated to make sure there's a smooth install.

Also should I prime the engine while in the engine stand or wait untill it's in the car?

Also should I prime the engine while in the engine stand or wait untill it's in the car?

Jan.. this is an easy to answer. You always prime engines on the stand. If there is an oiling issue.. you dont want to find out after spending hours hooking things up. Also set the cam sensor on the engine stand. That way when its dropped in.. all you do is spin the engine and fire it up.

Julio, defenitly makes sense :-) If it takes me a couple of weeks to hook everything up would the oilpump loose its prime? Also how can I set the cam sensor while in the stand ... I thought you needed it all hooked up to read the location of the cam sensor using the caspers cam tool or similar?

Back