You can type here any text you want

Questions for you TTA guys

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
Well this is for my Camaro and was woundering if your suspension set-up is the same as the third gen Z28's. Anyways there is a torque are that goes from the tranny to the bottom of the rear end and when it goes to the tranny there is rubber between the torque arm to the bracket then it bolts to the tranny. I changed less than 2 years ago and seems like its busted again so when the tranny shifts there is a thunk sound only from first to second. Its a bitch to change it because the tranny has to drop down a bit to replace the TA bracket

The setup is the same, but the parts are different. Since we have a 200-4R transmission, the crossmember and mount are different parts than yours.

So what was your question?

Well the torque mount bushing broke a few years back and I replaced it. Now there is a thunk sound when it shifts from 1-2 second. I jacked up the car this morning and looks like the bushing is fine. Check if crossmenber is loose and tranny mount is good. Any suggestions?

Only a sound on the 1-2 shift? What does it do when you drop it into drive from park?

Brent

Its shifts like that on only from 1st to 2nd gear because it shifts ard.

The TTA's Torque bar mount, mounts the bar to the Tranny crossmember. All other 3rd gens, mount the torque bar to the side of the tranny, (Making changing that mount a real PITA!). The tranny mount sounds like it's bad, When I had the 700-4R, I went thru 4 tranny mounts, my friend has gone thru twice that! The TTA design is far better.

The tranny mount looks good and torque arm bushing looks good also...

Should I replace the tranny mount with a polyurethane mount instead of a stock replacement?

it's most likely the tranny mount. Broke many stock rubber ones when I have the L98 in lol. Check it out, if it's broke just get a poly one and be done with it

Back