You can type here any text you want

quicker spooling with FAST xfi and BB two step

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CS99

Does it help spooling if timing is set to retard on the bob bailey two step? I have tried it with no retard and 8 deg retard and cannot tell much of a difference. Anyone have some input?

More timing will give higher torque, which will allow more flash stall. Less timing will create more heat, which can spool the turbo, and less power trying to push, so you can hold more boost. IMO, more timing helps alot, as well as trimming the fuel.

More timing will give higher torque, which will allow more flash stall. Less timing will create more heat, which can spool the turbo, and less power trying to push, so you can hold more boost. IMO, more timing helps alot, as well as trimming the fuel.

should I be around 38 deg timing while on the two step? I'm around 12.5 AFR now.

If you make the engine create more power where you are trying to get it to spool, it will spool faster. So not necessarily more timing but the proper timing for the most torque, not necessarily lean but lean where it makes the most power. It seems like it would spool faster if you retarded the timing and added fuel so that some of the fuel would still be burning in the exhaust when the valve opened but I've experimented over and over again and it just doesn't work that way. I can only assume its a matter of burn rate and velocity of the air flow, however I cannot confirm. Now, if you do the anti-lag thing where the ECU makes your turbo the combustion chamber, THAT will do it, that will also do a number on your thrust bearings :). Thats what turbo rebuilders are for anyway and it sounds cool!

Back