You can type here any text you want

Radiator Fan Not Working

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gouie87

Hey guys my Radiator fan will not work and i have tried everything, i changed the temp switch, high and low relays , the main relay, checked the fan motor and it still wont work any help????

Put 12 volts direct to the fan. If it works,somethings up with the wiring. trace the voltage back thru the relays and down to the starter. there is a fuseable link right off the positive post on the starter that supplies the cuirct with the 12 volts. they have been known to fail. Once all that is correct there is a main ground wire ( brown in colour) on the back of the passanger side cylinder head, check that. Hope this helps :)

pull the relays off and jumper the to heavy gauged wire to make sure you have power, If you do then you need to make sure that either the signal wire ( green/yel) is giving you a ground once the car is up to temp and should be triggering the fan (165 for most cars) and also check the brown wire to make sure it has 12v all the time. If it does not, go tot he fuse panel and look at the very top at the two 5amp fuses, one of them should need replacing.

Good luck

My fan quit & I replaced it with Ramchargers dual fan - no other issues.

I was in the same position as you and found a broken wire at the starter. Worked perfectly after that.

Back