Radiator Search

BFlat

GM 3090094 radiator is shot. I have a Champion replacement, but it's too tall - even without the bottom rubber cushions.
If you have a Champion replacement, did it fit and if not, what alterations did you have to make?
Did the ColdCase radiator fit after cutting the chunk out of the top of the core support?
Any suggestions for one that works without tweaking?
Thanks

GM 3090094 radiator is shot. I have a Champion replacement, but it's too tall - even without the bottom rubber cushions.
If you have a Champion replacement, did it fit and if not, what alterations did you have to make?
Did the ColdCase radiator fit after cutting the chunk out of the top of the core support?
Thanks
Why not get your original re-cored?

Only one place in our area that does that. Guy looked at the old radiator & said it had set too long with old anti-freeze in it. Also said that delivery on cores would take a month+ and it would cost $500. Plus, I already have the Champion. Just trying to figure out why it doesn't fit. Measurements between it and the original are minimal. I must not be holding my tongue right. Frustrating.

I'm putting a cold case in now. It fits but not perfect. I had to cut that piece out and remove the air conditioning condenser upper brackets. I'm not using any rubber bumpers and it fits tight. My dodge fans needed a little adjustment but they fit fine also. It is slightly taller and the core is wider.

Glad you're getting it to fit. I copped out & found an old shop 60 miles away that re-cored the original.
Haven't tried it yet as I'm trying to disarm the alarm system that came on the car. I'll get it.
Then we'll both be cool. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
The cold case fits but I had problems using the stock hold down plate. The aftermarket one worked well.

The cold case fits but I had problems using the stock hold down plate. The aftermarket one worked well.
I just went through this. With the core being wider and taller the original top plate doesn't fit round it, just mashes down on top. Had to flip the lower fan bracket around and slot the top holes to fit the fan without forcing it on.
What aftermarket one are you using? Looks like the RJC would solve this.

I don’t get this company I stayed away from because of having to cut anything.If they make it for our cars why the hell can’t they make it right just to drop in.

I don’t get this company I stayed away from because of having to cut anything.If they make it for our cars why the hell can’t they make it right just to drop in.
The cold case radiator is for maximum cooling on a really high HP motor. Stock motors do not need one.

I have a built motor with a front mount and the GN1 Performance Radiator.The car runs fine with AC and stock fan always on high.My point was that it’s not a direct fit GN1’s is and Be Cool make 2 different Radiators for 500 and 700 HP that are direct drop inn’s.

I have the original radiator from our 86 GN I am taking to Bowling Green this week. $75 gets it. It does need a new core.

I don't know who makes the cold case products, (china?) but they don't even know what thread any of the cooler fittings are, and my fans were incorrect, they blew FOWARD! And after switching the wires ( backwards from the instrucions) makes the blades inefficient due to the blades are only efficient for the one rotation (incorrect).
No help from cold case at all. Luckily I have a lathe and made blade adaptors to put the blades on ""backwards".
Then I had to spend the next several hours trimming the casting flash from the blades and finger guard to get much air flow. Then after finding out that the $800.00 radiator and fan "direct fit" assembly (which required cutting and trimming to install) still wouldn't cool the engine. So I drained and removed them assy again, and removed 2/3rds of the "fingerguards".
Before detailing the blades and finger guards, the fan blew air at around 8 1/2 mph, after detailing the blades and removing 2/3ds of the finger guards and detailing the rest of them, airflow is now over 22 mph according to my air velocity meter.
Coldcase, when reached for comment stated:"Yours is the only complaint we have ever had." YEAH......
TIMINATOR