You can type here any text you want

Radio Cuts out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Little6pack

my 2003 S10 radio audio will cut out at startup, hard turns or brakes applied.

The light and power seems to stay on but the audio cuts out.

I tighten the antenna at the fender.

Any other locations or things to check.. this is getting old.

Did you plug the radio into the factory harness(Im assuming its a gn) or did you run your own wires.I seen alot of people run the wires behind the brake pedal or around the steering column and when you turn it pulls on the wire.Just check the around the brake pedal for any wires.If it doesn't belong you should notice it right away.Also check the radio for a bad ground unplug the antenna wire behind the radio and try to turn it on,if it doesn't turn on you have a bad ground.

Did you plug the radio into the factory harness(Im assuming its a gn) or did you run your own wires.I seen alot of people run the wires behind the brake pedal or around the steering column and when you turn it pulls on the wire.Just check the around the brake pedal for any wires.If it doesn't belong you should notice it right away.Also check the radio for a bad ground unplug the antenna wire behind the radio and try to turn it on,if it doesn't turn on you have a bad ground.

It is on an S10 not a GN

Back