You can type here any text you want

Read end lube tag location.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighMileage

Albany,NY
I have a new limited slip lube tag. Where on the rear end was it bolted? I want to put it in the same location as the factory did.

Thanks.

None of my cars had tags, all posi's.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm about 90% sure that mine was never opened, pretty sure I had original oil in mine when I popped it open a few months ago. This is where the tag was so I put it back there, kinda top right in the notch. I'm gonna have to permatex the next seal ... this one leaks like a sieve.

Attachments

• 1437268138407.jpg
    1437268138407.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 146
Thanks for the replies.

It's not easy to just google something like where the tag goes,but I managed to find,(but lost),an article that sez that 8.5 posi's should have the tag on the lower right.

Whether this applies to our cars,I'm not sure.

I'm not sure if mine was opened before I opened it. The fluid was cruddy and the clutches chattered. No tag.

This is where I put my new tag:

image.jpg

Anyone else have a low mile car with the posi tag still attached from the factory or certain which bolt location it went? Trying to find this out as I'm buttoning up my rear end. It's not original nor in a TR so I don't know why I care :D but the anal retentive part of me would like it in the factory location. When I got the rear (posi) in 99' the tag was long gone, I got a tag awhile ago from another car.

Mine was also in the same place as czykats44. My '84 Hurst Olds was also in the same place.

Thanks, I put it on the roughly 1pm position as pictured above. When looking at the cover it almost lends itself to being placed there, there isn't a lip on the edge at that location and a couple other spots. Interesting if some with factory G80 didn't receive the tag and some did.

Back