Rear springs too high???

scottyb

Spongebob Squarecar
I always thought that my car did not look level, but figured the fronts were worn. Saturday, I hauled 200 LBS of crap from Home Depot in the trunk. The car looked PERFECT.

1. Is there a way I can tell if the rears are stock? I don't think they are because of the height.

2. Depending on what the answer to #1 is, what is the best way to go about lowering it about 1 inch.

3. Will lowering it affect my launch?

I DON'T want a lowered car, I want stock ride height.
Pics here, but misleading since the car is facing up a hill.
pics here

TIA for suggestions,
Scott

Scott,
I just replaced my stock coil springs with Moog variable load on my 86 Ttype. When I sat the 2 side by side the Moog were almost 2 inches taller.

From the look of your car it looks like someone has replaced the stock springs. Otherwise you would be sitting super low by now. Before I replaced mine, I could hardly stick my hand between the top of the wheel well and the top of my tire. Now I have and inch or so to spare.

My guess is that you should be fine how you are right now. Maybe even throw a set of airbags in.

Tim
86 White T-type

>and 255/60

Well, those rear tires a little tall for the car, actually, 245 60s are tall. With 235 60, or 275 50s, it'd probably sit level.

It looks good though....:)

nice ride car looks good to me.
mine sits alot higher ill try to post some pics soon.

Originally posted by WarpSpeed
>and 255/60

Well, those rear tires a little tall for the car, actually, 245 60s are tall. With 235 60, or 275 50s, it'd probably sit level.

It looks good though....:)

I check the measurements b4 I bought those tires. They raised total height by about 1/2 inch (they are about 1 inch diameter more than stockers). Still, I thought that it sat a little high before the change. I just don't want the "My redneck car is jacked up in the back" look.

for some reason, all 86's have a slight forward "rake" ...my car did the same thing with all new springs & shocks.....dunno why, but seems to be the case (note everyone who responded has an 86.......)