You can type here any text you want

Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AR GN

I ordered a set of UMI adj. rear upper control arms. These come with the poly rear end housing bushings. Do I need a pulley tool to remove the stock bushings and re-install the new bushings into the rear end housing? I would hate to get it all apart and not have everything I needed to change them out.

TIA

I ordered a set of UMI adj. rear upper control arms. These come with the poly rear end housing bushings. Do I need a pulley tool to remove the stock bushings and re-install the new bushings into the rear end housing? I would hate to get it all apart and not have everything I needed to change them out.

TIA

They are a PITA to remove and reinstall. You need the tool to do it easy. Control Arm Bushing Tool from HRpartsNstuff "Your WWW performance parts supplier"
$89

that tools looks nice.. thanks for the link im gonna get me one

I just did it without the tool and it was a pain in the butt. Do yourself a favor and buy the tool.

Did you buy the tool from hrparts . I have been sending them emails and calling them for 3 months. three days ago i recieved an email saying they were going to be making some more of that tool. i ended up using ball joint press with some 4x4 adapters. their customer relations really sucks. I want that rear sway bar they sell but what if you have problems with their products and you cant get a hold of them. I should have called brian from g-body parts because he sells their parts. if you goining to sell tool when you done let me know. my friend rebuilds a lot of rear ends and when he seen the hr book he wanted one but he could not get a hold of them. this is my email thanks hipo-6@juno.com

Hey chopped39, I ordered mine from gbodyparts.com. Once I am done with it, I will probably not have any use for it anymore. I will probably sell it to someone on here that could use it. ;)

Once I am done with it, I will probably not have any use for it anymore. I will probably sell it to someone on here that could use it.
I would probably be interested in the tool.

My email is :
therman1 at gmail dot com

(substitute the correct "email" characters and delete blank spaces).

Back