You can type here any text you want

Red's Chips

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BUICKTR

Does anyone know how much timing Red Armstrong run on his chips?

Timing on 107 chip& how much boost is minimum to run with this chip. How much Octane required?

Timing on 106 chip & how much boost is minimum to run with this chip. How much Octane required?:D :D

Red's 107 has 24.3 @ wot minimum 22lbs boost.
Sorry - dont know about Reds 106

Red's chip

I just bought red's 100 it has 26 deg. And that is the way they come.
Nick

wow - thats interesting..100 octane chip with higher timing?
I know Red's 107 was "supposed" to be 26 degrees, but after pulling the .bin off it - it's 24.3.

That is because he figures that you will run more boost with the 106 or 107(and you better with all the fuel that they give) so he ups the fueling and lowers the timing in these chips.

sharp car, mark! How do you like that 62 turbo? I've got a TE-44 that isn't quite what i expected. Im running max boost on it (well..my wastegate is as short as it can go), and i get 27lbs boost. I just thought i wouldn't have to work it so hard to get it really boosing. Im using a 20 degree chip and with no knock (and ill tune) my best is 12.82@108.

Everyone keeps telling me i should be doing 11.70's with my combo, but i just cant see that happening. I've been bitten by the self-chip-burning bug, and am trying to knock some serious times off my 1/4. I just dont see dropping a full second in this car with my setup. I was thinking a bigger turbo - more CFM at less boost would be better. Whats your likes/dislikes about the 62 and it's streetability?

jayster

I run the TA-62 with a 20 row stock location IC. It is a sweet turbo. I do have a Precision 3200 stall 9.5 non-lockup. It spools great and has a good top end pull. What chip are you currently using that has only 20 degree timing??:confused: I would like a 106 from Red. I am trying to turn the boost up in the 25-27 range.:D

Re: jayster

Originally posted by BUICKTR
I run the TA-62 with a 20 row stock location IC. It is a sweet turbo. I do have a Precision 3200 stall 9.5 non-lockup. It spools great and has a good top end pull.
Hey, you stole my answer! :) That is exactly how I feel about my combo and I run the same converter too. Great minds think alike.

Back