You can type here any text you want

Reminder: No Gateway Racing 6/20-6/26!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bret Kepner

This is just a reminder that no racing will take place on Tuesday, June 20th, or Wednesday, June 21st, at Gateway International Raceway due to track preparation and entry parking accomodations for the 10th annual NHRA O'Reilly Midwest Nationals. It happens every year but many people still forget that NHRA does not allow permit events at a host track within the week of a National Event.

There will also be major changes to the next scheduled Tuesday (June 27th) and Wednesday (June 28th) events. The production company involved with the scheduled taping of several episodes of the show "Pinks!" originally told Gateway that their taping would not interfere with the regular Street Car Shootout Series Tuesday and Slicks/Bikes Wednesday programs. They have apparently changed their minds and now have virtually locked up use of the track on those nights.

The track will be open to the public on those nights but the number of Test-N-Tune vehicles will be severely limited (I'm hearing approximately 80 vehicles each night) since Gateway offficials have little information on how much Test-N-Tune time will actually be available. As it now stands, the "Pinks!" folks believe they might be able to allow cars on the track between 8 PM and 10 PM but, as somebody who knows a little bout this type of work, I'm willing to bet it'll be less. Tuesday (June 27th) will still be for DOT tires and Wednesday (June 28th) will still be for slicks/bikes.

Because of the uncertainties surrounding this event, Tuesday, June 27th will NOT count as a SCSS event. There will be no qualifying or final rounds and High School Eliminator racing will be cancelled for the night, as well.

Unfortunately, Gateway was scheduled to be closed on Tuesday, July 4th, for the holiday so the regular SCSS/High School series will resume on Tuesday, July 11th.

The Midnight Madness scheduled for Friday, June 30th, will not be affected and will run as normal.

Don't blame Gateway on this one. I think they got blindsided...and that's putting it nicely.

Carry on.

Back