You can type here any text you want

rev limiter?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Otto J

has anyone had any prolems with the rev limiter in theiir fast system, when makeing a pass, i hit about 5800 rpms and it seems like the rev limiter cuts in, very consistent sputter< it is set at 6200 and a/f is right on timing is set at 17 (street)
any ideas?
thanks Otto

Rev limit?/

Otto, how bout the valve springs being the problem??
I've not seen the problem w/ the FAST systems I been involved with...
Anyone else???

the heads are brand new GN1 castings, with thier recommended
roller valve spring,
thanks

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
the heads are brand new GN1 castings, with thier recommended
roller valve spring,
thanks

Who do you mean by "their" recommended spring?

What is your rev limiter off setting at? I don't see how you can be hitting the limiter if your datalog RPM's are below that.

GN1 springs??

Otto, If you did not specify that the heads were to have roller springs, or unless you put them on, then they came w/ the "standard" flat tappet springs installed at about 100# seat pressure. [I think that's the way the 8 bolt heads are sold.]

Anyone??

i bought the heads and then got the springs seperate, they are the h-11 springs from k-motion part number is 750-12 i believe, they were bought after the fact from champion
thanks

ya ill log it as soon as the rain stops, i am going to put my new 9" convertor in right now, it is a perfect stutter,at 5800, i have a recall tach in the car and it always recalls to the same exact rpm but my limiter is set at 6200
thanks Otto

KLHAMMETT

I wish I could help you but I am just getting into it my self. The car I am building has will have the same set up as yours. Been waiting on my heads for a few weeks now. I was just wondering what your times your set up ran or what do you think it will run?

Thanks Darren

have not run it yet still waiting for my intercooler, should run somewhere in the 10s though

Back