RJC boost controller installation...

riley

I recently purchased the RJC boost controller and am about to install it. Before I do I just want to be sure I understand how the system works. The wastegate solenoid is removed or bypassed by this unit? If so, does it's removal affect the ECM at all? Was there a noticeable increase in spool up with this unit? Thanks.

It is super easy. Just unlug the stock WG hoses and leave it plugged in. Then run intall it per the directions. Should not take more than 10 minutes.

1/4" hose from the boost souce to the controller and 4mm silicon hose from the controller to the actuator.

will it make a difference if i adapt the small hose size back up to fit whats on my stock actuator?

Originally posted by crownvic96
will it make a difference if i adapt the small hose size back up to fit whats on my stock actuator?

Thats what I did and it works dine for me.

Very noticable increase in spool up:cool:

Thanks for the input guys. I had another question though. Is it possible to use this controller with another like the BstC, Greddy Profec or other electronic boost controller?

Has anyone used the RJC controller in conjunction with an electronic boost controller?

boost setting shortcut

If you have an air tank with a gauge on it: you can save some time, gas, and experimenting with boost. Fill your tank to the pressure you want your actuator to open at, then put the air chuck(held tightly) on the compressor side of the RJC controller. Blow air into it, and unscrew the adjustment until the controller just starts to vent out the actuator side. Lock it down, install it, and you'll be all set. Of course: you can do the same thing with a compressor and regulator. :cool: