You can type here any text you want

roller cam question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"More Boost"

Major Member
i just bought a hyd. roller cam from fullthrottle #comp cam 69-300-8. i get no info from them. do i need to run a different dist. gear for this cam? idk if its steel or nodular or ??? (stock 87 GN cam sensor) anyone? (212/212)

Mine has the stock cam sensor setup with that cam. I bought the car that way but I assume nothing special was needed.

Twistin6 does your car lope at all? what kind of times have you run at the track? (or have u) just curious, your setup is almost identical to mine. thnx

Yes it does lope especially as it reaches operating temp, but after that it smoothes out. It idles a little higher than most right at 1000 rpm in park and about 800 in gear. As for the track all I can tell you is from the previous owner had a few passes on it. It ran a 11.5 at 119 on 22psi with a 5psi launch only a 1.8 60ft. I believe there is alot to be gained in 60ft along with a little more boost. I know it has more in it or atleast with the mods it should have when all is ironed out. I plan on going within a couple weeks still trying to dial in the Gen II along with some minor tuning issues. Overall the car runs great just trying to make it better.

Back