You can type here any text you want

Roller Rocker install help?????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTTA

Warp6 is in my Jet Wash
I've got my heads off to repair blown HG and wanted to replace the rocker w/ roller. I've seen where several of you guys have put them on and wanted to get the info on the swap.

First, what rockers did you use. Were they the 7/16" for the V8 Pontiac? If so, what did you do the the rocker bosses to except the 7/16 stud vs. the stock 3/8? Also, what did you use for a guide plate...how do you keep them from moving side to side? What about rocker boss height? It looks to me that the stock height will be too tall with the roller rockers installed.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

You can get a 7/16 th stud from ARP with a 3/8 bolt thread.

Guide plates are the Isky adjustable ones for a small block chevy using 5/16 pushrods.

I'm working on the rocker issue as we correspond...dont have a clear answer yet.If you get the long studs for stud girdle..you can then use a nut to hold down the VC.So thats 6 regular length and 6 long studs...And use a jam nut on the longer studs to lock the rocker nut in place.

Only question I'm personally not clear on is the ratio..and the correct length to use on the pushrods.Maybe the stockers will work..dunno yet :)

Will 1.7's work????not sure yet..The 1.65 look like the logical choice...but the motor that has them...isnt running yet.

Julio

I am using the following....1.65 Cranes for a Pontiac V8 application, Isky AGP-200 guide plates cut to fit, ARP 135-7101 7/16 stud (machined heads for studs), and a Comp 8.700 long pushrod...BUT, you need to check geometry on your own setup...my heads have been surfaced and I am still running a hydraulic flat tappet cam.

My combo is not running...but I have bolted the covers down with no issues and the geometry is dead nuts. So, I am not concerned about the viability of this combo.

I GOT A QUESTION.MIGHT BE STUPID,BUT WHATEVER.ARE THE TTA HEADS DIFFERENT THAN REG. BUICK GN HEADS?YOU GUYS SOUND LIKE YOU'RE NOT RUNNING SHAFT MOUNT ROCKERS,WHATS UP WITH THAT?I DIDN'T THINK THEY WERE THAT DIFFERENT. THANKS,JOEL

they are nothing alike. There is a post that addresses the specific differences in here if you a interested. It prob about on page 3.

Houseof Speed, did you mill the rocker bosses to adjust for the diff rocker height?

Do you have a shop phone #...I'd like to discuss the mods.

Thanks

Kevin

Back