You can type here any text you want

Rubber stopper

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
There is a rubber stoper that is on the front lower control arm this is missing on my GN. One side is missing and wanted to know if there are aftermarket replacements.

Who sells them and what is that part called?

Thanks

Howzit TurboV6!

Look for GM part #15956547, from an S-10 with the ZQ8 suspension. About $30 for the pair. Bolts right in, and works as kind of a helper for the spring, instead of a "crash stop." You can also google "zq8 bumpstop" and find lots of good reading about 'em.

Howzit TurboV6!

Look for GM part #15956547, from an S-10 with the ZQ8 suspension. About $30 for the pair. Bolts right in, and works as kind of a helper for the spring, instead of a "crash stop." You can also google "zq8 bumpstop" and find lots of good reading about 'em.

Sorry for the late reply.

Is there a aftermarket replacement that uses polyurethane instead of rubber?

My car is lowered 1" so I hope this will not be a problem.

Thanks for the info.

Energy Suspension - buy them at Auto Zone for about $10.00. I have a set on my car.

Is there a aftermarket replacement that uses polyurethane instead of rubber?

My car is lowered 1" so I hope this will not be a problem.

Just to toss it out there, the ZQ8 stops are not rubber, but some kind of foamy composite that acts like a helper spring. My car wasn't lowered, but the front springs were sagging to the point of resting on the (stock) stops. Whenever they hit, they hit hard and rattled the t-tops. After putting in the ZQ8s, there was no more rattle.

Back