You can type here any text you want

Running good!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
After 2 wasted Fridays trying to get the TTA down the track on a clean pass, this past Friday was a good day at the track. I had a few problems that I fingered out: a bad volt booster, a dead cell in my battery (prolly from the bad VB), and a vacume leak that goes along with a bad case of dumbass! Turns out the hissing sound I'd been hearing since putting the motor back together....the same one I could not find, was actually one of the hard lines comming off the vacume block with nothing on the end of it :mad: So, I had a BIG vacume leak that was adversely affecting the MAP sensor, which in turn was messing with the alky controller, which in turn was messing with everything.....oh, I forgot to mention that the FP regulator was also in that loop. Now throw in there that the battery was not up to full power and the alternator was not charging correctly.....now the alky pump doesn't have full power and neither does the fuel pump or anything else that works off of 12 volts....errr :mad: Anyhow, all of that crap is fixed now and the car is running real good. First pass off the trailer the car felt great at 24 psi.....no time slip, the printer was broken! Next few passes I messed with what MPH the TCC L/U took place and timing in high gear. I managed to knock off an 11.50 @ 120.66 on a 1.73 short time.....1/8 mile was 7.19 @ 95.23, all passes were at 24 psi through the muffler. I'm a solid 3 mph off across the board when compared to BG....I'll get there after a bit more tuning! Right now the tune is not in "kill" mode, so there is a bunch left in it....I just have to find it :confused:

Ahh.. the battery did ya in..

Congrats.. i'm up-n-runnin too :biggrin:

Its amusing to watch others being human. ;)

I maintain four vehicles. Sometimes its the SIMPLE things that bite me from behind....Like the battery, or corroded terminals on the battery. A couple years ago my TTA wouldn't start and run....Low battery voltage during start didn't trigger the proper cell in the chip code and it wouldn't run.

Its snowing today here in Colorado. You might know that I bought a TTA in California this past May, I happened to check the anti-freeze level over the weekend...Was good to 16 degrees ABOVE zero....That sure would have got me from behind....Ouch! The little things make all the difference.

Those batteries, and the little things, keep us humble, huh?

Glad you fingered everything out. That is a good feeling! :D

Give us a new best thread for the TTA FAQ List real soon....

Best Regards,

lee

Lee,
I'm not embarrased to admit that I drop the ball now and again...hell, that's part of this insane thing we call life. Sometimes it's the complacency of having been around these motors for SO long that I overlook the "KISS" things. Be it doing the burn out in reverse, forgetting to plug the vacume back up to the FP regulator, tightening the oil drain plug....or whatever, that's life! Seems as I get older I find that the hard learned things are the best studies....damn costly though. I've got a small book of stupid things I've done with the GN and the TTA over the years....how much ya wanna bet everyone else does as well ;) Anyhow, I've got a grudge race against my pop to get ready for...there has been some BIG **** talking going on in our camp...hehe. My goal is to see a 125 mph pass as the car sits....prolly be more like 123-124 to be truthful with ya as I'm running out of time this year. I've got a few changes to make before this Friday in hopes of getting the MPH back up to where I'd like to see it...stay tuned.

hehe

better work on that raptor also...as terry tate would say the pain train is coming......

Back