You can type here any text you want

running very weird.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbokar87

car starts without a problem. while shes running she sounds like shes missing,or throttle response is very weak or delayed but when i open her up a lil she drives fine. i was told that its the maf sensor. so instad of sticking with a stock one i ordered a 3 1/2 ls1 maf with translator.im afraid to install it and blow the sensor. is there any other problems that would cause my car to act like this? and will the maf blow from this problem??
thank you in advance for any info given!
i know i need to list my mods but im not sure what they are. i bought the car kinda worked up but not the rite way..... so i need to learn stock and performance at the same time if i want to do my own repairs.

thats what my car was doing when the maf was going but i just got a cheap replacement for now. ill upgrade later. swap it asap before it gets worse and one day you cant even climb a hill.

well im still working on the car so its not being driven at all, i still have some time. and i bought a used maf from someone 20 bucks.... and its doin the same thing the guy said it was good, i tapped it with a screwdriver it takes a few extra seconds but the idle fluctuates. still a bad maf?

You wont hurt the new Maf so hook it up.
Good used mafs are closer to $100 so I question the used one but a Scantool would tell you either way!

i guess i should have bought that first huh??:confused:
well ill have some photos up tonight and ill get my hands on a scanmaster.

i know im off topic but can i use a set of gta wheels 2 fronts and 2 backs?? someone told me id have to use spacers. if so how big.
or am i S.O.L? i dont wanna wast money on wheels meanwhile shes not even running properly.

i know im off topic but can i use a set of gta wheels 2 fronts and 2 backs?? someone told me id have to use spacers. if so how big.
or am i S.O.L? i dont wanna wast money on wheels meanwhile shes not even running properly.

Definately OT.... but yes you can run fronts and rears.... If you do.... the rears got on the fronts with spacers.... and the fronts go on the rears..... no spacers.....

FWIW - the preferred method... is all four wheels be "fronts" then you can run them without spacers.....and IMHO... look better.

i know but id rather have the car running better than it looking better.....
what size spacers do i get???
i was gonna have G-body parts make them wider.
IM STILL LOOKING FOR A FULL SET OF GTA/GNX WHEELS.

Start your OWN Thread!!
If you Know your OFF TOPIC why Post it??????

sorry i didnt know im not allowed to change topics in my own thread.
anyways thanks for the info everyone. and sorry again.

Back