You can type here any text you want

Sagging Rear-end

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TexasGN

87RavenBlack
I have a 87 GN that the drivers side rear sits lower than the pass. side. I bought the car with the suspension lowered, new springs and shocks. I had all the suspension bushings replaced. the mechanic told me it is probably the Body bushings, could this be the problem or sonething else?

I have a 87 GN that the drivers side rear sits lower than the pass. side. I bought the car with the suspension lowered, new springs and shocks. I had all the suspension bushings replaced. the mechanic told me it is probably the Body bushings, could this be the problem or sonething else?

If they have never been replaced that would be a good place to start. After 20 years they tend to crumble.

Measure

Don't vote out thoes bushing just yet. I might be the springs even though you had them changed. Did they forget the rubber bushings that go above the springs?
Measure the gap between the frame and the body. My bet sould be on the springs.

park it on level ground, and start measuring things using the floor as a reference point. don't forget to measure the ehight of each tire, since there can be a small difference in diameter right out of the molds. the 1/4" difference in diameter between a couple of tires can really add up when combined with a spring that is 1/4" off from the other side and a body bushing that is scrunched 1/8" from when it was new.
of course, the frame and body could also be tweaked from a mild collison earlier in it's life, and it could have been built slightly crooked, as well.

Check the sway bar

If the car was leaning before, you might have to loosen the sway bar and retighten it with the car sitting on the ground. Thats the rear sway bar.

Back