You can type here any text you want

Saturday test and tune results.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttafan

Well, I took the TTA back to the strip. I changed the shocks and struts to Bilstien and opened the exhaust to try to get the turbo to spool quicker. It worked to an extent, but my 60' is still is too high. This is a stock block Bill Anderson tuned TTA running on pump gas that I just got back a couple weeks ago. Here's the slips...

1st Run

2nd Run

Both runs I launched at about 4psi. with a max psi of 23lbs. I think the next step is a transbrake. You gotta' love that MPH! :)

ttafan said:
Well, I took the TTA back to the strip. I changed the shocks and struts to Bilstien and opened the exhaust to try to get the turbo to spool quicker. It worked to an extent, but my 60' is still is too high. This is a stock block Bill Anderson tuned TTA running on pump gas that I just got back a couple weeks ago. Here's the slips...

1st Run

2nd Run

Both runs I launched at about 4psi. with a max psi of 23lbs. I think the next step is a transbrake. You gotta' love that MPH! :)

Congratulations on the new best Trent, the car is coming along nicely. Great results for only the 2nd track outing!! With a 60' in the 1.5's you are definately DEEP in the 10's and probably pick up a few MPH as well. I think a transbrake is the answer in your case. All that in a ultra rare, low mile, Festival car....man after my own heart :biggrin:

Thats moving the mail ;)

Great MPH.. its riding out. Suprised your track hasnt given you any grief yet.

Keep fresh oil in her.. and stay on top of the knock. Do both.. it will live.

Congrats.

Are you using the E-brake? I'll tell you what to do. Next time you go to the track stand on the brake and pull your emergency brake. Now don't worry about trying to cut a good light let her spool all you can until it starts to move and Bam your 60 will go down. I pulled a 1.546 60 foot Firday. And congratulations that car making some power. Felt good I bet ya. ;)

Jicaju said:
Are you using the E-brake? I'll tell you what to do. Next time you go to the track stand on the brake and pull your emergency brake. Now don't worry about trying to cut a good light let her spool all you can until it starts to move and Bam your 60 will go down. I pulled a 1.546 60 foot Firday. And congratulations that car making some power. Felt good I bet ya. ;)

Hey you guys are getting too fast :eek:

I need to step it up a bit ;)

Here's a question for you guys running big turbos... When you get to the stage line and the second set of double yellow lights light up, how long are you "powerbreaking/boosting" the car before it starts to build boost? The last run I made I started stageing the car the instant the second set of yellow lights lit up. Then the tree started......yellow....yellow.....yellow....green..... I sat there powerbreaking the car for 3.5 more seconds after the light was green trying to build more boost. It seems like it takes forever for the boost to reach about 4psi.... then the launch is soft, hence the 2.07 60' time. Second gear comes in and it's checkout time. Has anyone else seen this condition? Is this long spooling period normal for these cars? I've seen Grand Nationals yank the front wheels off the start with a 3500 stall converter and 70 turbo like I run and i'm running a 4000 stall converter. Would that make the car launch even harder? Thanks.

I can't answer your question intelligently about the spooling characterists of a 70mm turbo. I'm still running a 62mm turbo and with the disc brakes all the way around on these TTA's its hard to hold them still. And if CK Performance ever gets his T-brakes I will have one. And Razor if someone else does take top spot your still the man. ;)

Back