Scott Mc Clay Engineering

T- Type Tim

Vice Chairman
Anyone heard of or tried these guys?

What is the cost of that pan kit? I have used his billet drums and they are much better than others and require no mods.
Thanks

Dday uses his deep pan, BRS valve with quick release transbrake set up on his tranny. This guy is a West Coast NHRA Comp Eliminator/Super Stock word champion which he engineers all kind of billet parts for the 2004R transmission which many different classes of NHRA racers use in their race cars. Like Grumpy stated- he has been around for a long time and can build a 2004R tranny that can withstand a lot of power.

That's pretty cool. I had the idea of using TF727 filters on a deep pan many many years ago.

Very pricey. Close to $600 for that pan. But looks to be a top shelf piece.

Yeah.... the one I was looking to cast was going to be a little cheaper than that.

My idea was to have a tube that went from the VB into the trans bottom, then flow to a 727 filter mounted in the very rear. That way the fluid would have to pass by the finned bottom before going into the trans.

I just found it interesting that's the filter they use. I picked it because they're cheap and available anywhere. (that and my slant 6 free candy van has a 727 so I knew that filter :) )

An old trans builder that did super stock trans told me he liked the cast pans because they acted like a girdle for the bottom of the trans. Not sure about this but it is something I have done in the past and that's why I went with the old Art Carr or Hughes pans. Just a thought