You can type here any text you want

Sds

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mack V

Anyone use the SDS (simple digital system) for there cars? How does the system compare to the the F.A.S.T. system considering price?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.:)

Save yourself the headaches and just go with a system that has the integrated wb O2 support. It makes all the difference.

TurboTR

Originally posted by Mack V
Anyone use the SDS (simple digital system) for there cars? How does the system compare to the the F.A.S.T. system considering price?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.:)

You need a certain level of sophistication for a system to work.
Cutting too many corners, and you wind up with a system that runs great, once in a while.

It takes alot to beat the stock GN ecm.
IF you get to really know it.

I know a few people running the SDS system on variations of my own truck/motor (turbocharged Toyota 22RE, 2.4L motor). Some have been very successful -- a best of 11.3 @ 123 mph in one case (remember, this is a 4 cylinder truck motor). Most aren't able to tune it that well, though, as the system doesn't give a whole lot of feedback, doesn't have any datalogging, and doesn't have any WBO2 support. As the name suggests, it's a simple system.

Personally, I really like the features that the FAST system offers -- the closed loop/WBO2, of course, but also the datalogging and the easy to use interface. It really is a good, well thought-out system, one you can live with on a daily basis. The SDS is a lot rougher.

My .02 cents,

Jeff

Back