Seat covers

opzWE4

I just bought a set of postons headrest covers, and discovered that they are a little darker grey than my seats. My seats need recovered also, so what I'm wondering is, should I get seat covers from postons to make sure they match the head rest covers, or do the covers from Jax match this also? My seats may be faded a little, causing the difference I see. I just don't want to buy seat covers and have them not match my new embroidered head rest covers.

Originally posted by opzWE4
I just bought a set of postons headrest covers, and discovered that they are a little darker grey than my seats. My seats need recovered also, so what I'm wondering is, should I get seat covers from postons to make sure they match the head rest covers, or do the covers from Jax match this also? My seats may be faded a little, causing the difference I see. I just don't want to buy seat covers and have them not match my new embroidered head rest covers.

Jax has great cloth covers, that's for sure. Does Jax supply Poston's with their covers? Even if not, as long as they are using the same material and color, it should match.

Alan

Jax and Poston do not use the same material

Postons grey is more "greenish" and Jax is the OEM or duplicate of OEM material.......

I did the same thing when i bought my car...... I got the headrest covers and they were sooooo dark/green

Paul (Jax) redid the front seats and they look great!

I'll be going to leather soon

Jon

Leather

Originally posted by jon_we4
Jax and Poston do not use the same material

Postons grey is more "greenish" and Jax is the OEM or duplicate of OEM material.......

I did the same thing when i bought my car...... I got the headrest covers and they were sooooo dark/green

Paul (Jax) redid the front seats and they look great!

I'll be going to leather soon

Jon

CAR Motorsports has leather. 3 year/36K mile warranty. IMPECCABLE quality and made by the premier aftermarket leather seat cover company in the world, who did the interior for the 350Z. Many other wonderful accessories also....

Alan

i was going to post this in a new thread, but then i saw this, and it is the same genral thing that i wanted to ask, but, anywhos...

i was down at a turbo regal meet, and i saw some one who had seat covers that looked like the seats, (you know grey in the middle and black on the sides..) and i thought this was the greatest thing i have ever seen.. the guy said they came with the car, so he couldnt tell me were to get them... does any one know where to get them from?

thanks

neil

If your talking just (seatcovers) and not the replacement seat upholstery like opzwe4 was asking about,Kirbans carries the black and grey seatcovers.Part#6514 The price $61.95
www.kirbanperformance.com

Well, looks like I might have wasted my money on the head rest covers :mad: Wish I knew they were this green tint before I bought them. Looks like I have a mantle piece. I think I'll go with Jax, they did some floor mats for me and they turned out great. :)

Re: Leather

Originally posted by Alan Faircloth
CAR Motorsports has leather. 3 year/36K mile warranty. IMPECCABLE quality and made by the premier aftermarket leather seat cover company in the world, who did the interior for the 350Z. Many other wonderful accessories also....

Alan

Thats ok.... I'm good friends with Paul. Infact I do all his website work. Since the place you get the kits from is the same place Paul gets his leather I dont see why the impeccable quality would not be there.

My interior is great now and I have Paul to thank for it ..... I can only imangine how my totally done leather will be..... heated seats to cruise around with the windows down on a chilly fall night :cool:

Jon

Re: Re: Leather

Thats ok.... I'm good friends with Paul. Infact I do all his website work. Since the place you get the kits from is the same place Paul gets his leather I dont see why the impeccable quality would not be there.

My interior is great now and I have Paul to thank for it ..... I can only imangine how my totally done leather will be..... heated seats to cruise around with the windows down on a chilly fall night :cool:

Jon

Paul doesn't get it from them......

Alan

Re: Re: Re: Leather

Originally posted by Alan Faircloth
Paul doesn't get it from them......

Alan

Well he gets the raw material from the same company that makes your kits. unless you recently changed companies.

Jon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Leather

Well he gets the raw material from the same company that makes your kits. unless you recently changed companies.

Jon

Well, I looked at his in BG this past year and the color is different than mine. Perhaps Paul should post where he gets it from. Its my experience from substantial research that the raw materials can be purchased elsewhere for less. I believe that the leather for his TTA front seats is supplied by Detroit Auto Body or Miami Corp.

Also, even if the raw materials are the same, that doesn't mean that construction is the same. Katzkin warranties their products and is large enough to back it up. I got to meet several of the representatives and owners at the SEMA party they held for distributors in the Voodoo Lounge of the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas. Nice people, EXCELLENT products.

Alan

Jax recovered my seats in dark blue and GN grey leather. Looks like a blue leather GN interior (on a light blue car). They also covered the upper doorpanels in stitched leather and we topped 'em off with billet trim bars. The quality of material and workmanship is outstanding, soft leather and perfectly straight stitches. Paul was a great guy to deal with, enthusiastic and he showed pride in the finished product.