You can type here any text you want

Seeking The Tta Crowd Help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

racemybuick

Hot Air Teacher/Student
Hello all you bird lovers!!! I am a hot air guy from the hot air tech forum, and I am in need of your help!

Cut to the chase: I am in search of both left side hood vents from any year trans am that is the same as the vents on the TTA hoods...the large square vent at the front, and the smaller slotted vent towards the windshield, both left side....Any help would be greatly appreciated. Being that I have a hot air car, and it will be garage kept for the majority, if not all of it's life, I am attempting to make a totally custom, vented GN hood. I dont feel it necessary to install the common old fender louvers, when i can have the majority of the heat from the turbo, just shoot straight up and out!!! So....With your help, hopefully, I can create a kick ass hood!!!

Thanks a ton!!!

John

You could remove rubber welting seal at base of windshield where hood seals.This will let alot of heat escape.Some people cut seal leaving it in front of a/c vent if you want.

All 85-92 Trans Am's had the vents too and are usually easier to find than GTA's

HTH,
Steve

thanks guys!!! I tried three local junk yards with only one TA in them with that hood, and guess what...all the vents were gone already!!! So, with no luck on that, I called around to a few other lots in NJ, and most said take the whole hood, or come look for one, but I dont want to drive for 4 hours to get three or four vents... I am already cutting the hood seal, and I think that would produce a good draft through the engine bay...I just wanted the vents on there to go directly over the turbo (in the back on my car) and to look damn nice...I have never seen it done before, and to be function, and look good is like a grand slam! So....That is why I am in search!!

Thanks for the hints guys!!!

John

I had a '87 GN that a previous owner put the small slotted vents towards the windsheild. They just cut a hole in the hood and used some adhesive. But I don't really know how much heat it released.

Back