Serpentine Belt?

1987 GN

I was just reading on turbotransam.com that the serpentine belts are no longer available. Once the last few the vendors have sell out what can be used as a replacement? I take it that the Buick ones will not work? Thanks.

Belt

I happen to be an expert on this subject, and I can prove it by the line gouged into my A/C compressor pulley. The GN belt is about 63.5 inches. The TTA belt is 1603.0 mm (about 63 inches). If you use the GN belt it will work well for awhile, then slowly it will stretch and get the tensioner pulley to rub on the A/C compressor wheel. It probably has to do with the tensioner having 108K on it as well.
I bought two genuine GM belts on GMpartsdirect.com, but when someone else tried it they said that all were sold.
Try and get a belt that is 63inches long. Usually the length is in the part number. For instance the 635k6 is a 63.5 inch belt with 6 ribs (GN belt).
You might be able to get the correct belt, but you'll have to call around some.

Ken TTA#1426

belt

I replaced my serp. belt on my TTA last year. GM parts friend of mine said stock belt discontinued and that the GN belt is too lon. I tried a new GN belt and it rubs the A/C pulley. My Gm Parts buddy did some research and told me this GM belt would work. It is GM#012399983 6PK1605. He got me one and it is the right length and work great. By the way I read the # right off the new belt.

I would be interested in a new belt and I will email you in the next few days. The part that was listed 012399983 is the belt listed on turbotransam.com that is supposed to be discontinued. A company called Gates (sp?) makes a 62 7/8 inch belt that is sold through Bumper to Bumper Auto parts but that is the closest I have found. I am curious what the 1605 mm belt listed above has for a GM part # as this is almost exactly the right length. I saw the thread on turbotransam.com and figured someone here might have an answer to this problem once the supplies ran out.