setting to add faster fuel ramp or decrease timing ramp up ?

turbo96max

Guys,

I lowered the boost to 15 psi to give me a chance to learn the tuning of the xfi . ultimately im going to take it to a pro for the high boost but I dont want to be tied to a tuner for every little change and for nights where conditions change or at track i need to be able to know whats going on.also working out other things (oil leaks and tires )

Right now if i rip wot and go from no boost to 15 psi i see a lot of knock (knock gauge goes red) as soon as it makes power right at the 13 psi mark.

if i part throttle it and let it build boost like, 10 psi and then go wot (100% tps) theres no knock.

i took about 2 degrees of timing out everywhere but it didnt help and 15 psi on e85 should not really be seeing knock so im thinking i need to either slow down the timing ramp on while 100% tps /boost or increase the fuel delivery as it may not be catching up fast enouh

turbo is a pt70 with a garrett .63 turbine . running xfi 2.0 latest firmware.

any suggestions? what setting should i be looking at ?

What is the A/F doing when you ramp up? Is it going lean? Also, make sure nothing is rattling in the car causing false knock

At 15# of boost on E85, shouldn't produce any knock! I'd suspect false knock from something banging against whatever. How's your knock sensor torqued?????

That is probably true, unless the car has a bunch of timing there to spool

Cal. Timing is set where you had it minus around 1.75 degrees across the entire map. The afr was too quick but I logged today after reading your reply and saw the computer adding fuel and found an area btwn 1200-2200 rpm where the base fuel numbers was very low the block affecting the lower map numbers 2-7 psi . Will run and log again but I think that's the issue. Thanks for the hint.

The adaptive learn may have trimmed those numbers way down. Let me know what you find