You can type here any text you want

Shifter choices

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Ok.. anyone with any aftermarket shifter that fits our consoles?

I was looking at some B&M units but they were not clear if it fit or not.

Pix would be great if possible.

I have the B&M Console Megashifter. It works great with all 200, 350, 400 and 700 in the F-body. You will have to cut the console for it to fit, but it looks great. I´ll post a picture when I get back home in 1 1/2 hour.

/Andreas

B&M mega shifter fit nicely in my 84 Z28.... Looked like it belonged in there...seamless fit. I also had the reverse valve body w/ matching shift indicater(PRN123).

Not sure anyone really wants to hack their TTA console..the Megashifter fits the Camaro fine, but not the T/A

Steve(TTA850) has a B&M Quicksilver in his GTA...he didn't have to cut or hack anything.

There´s no difference between the GTA and the TTA console, but You do have to cut it to fit the shifter plate. And I´m talking about the Console Megashifter, I have NO idea about any other (not even the regular Megashifter).

If You don´t want to cut it, than buy a new one or don´t install it. It´s as simple as that ;)

I had a B&M megashifter (at least I'm pretty sure thats what it is) It was too long and would get in the way of the buttons on the console. The gear selector portion looked too cheesy also.

Julio you've seen my car in person and know its a turd mobile, and I wouldn't put one I got for free in my car................

If you find one that fits nicely let me know.

Jason

Postal, if I You look at the picture, does it look like it´s too long?

The only thing I had to do about the length, was to file the tab for the ashtray to be able to open it.

That one looks better than mine. Mine has a silver base plate and yours is black. Other than that it looks like the same shifter. The ash tray button must have been where it seamed to long. I had mine halfway installed when I decided I didn't like it. The black one matches the interior alot better. I probably would have finished the install if mine was like yours.

Jason

Luncan,
link to pix no workie...

Wonder if Steve TTA850 will chime in with some pix.

Postal, the big Mega-shifter is huge, and I hate how the arm moves on that thing. Probably great for a pickup truck or ???

I've been looking at the hammer shifter, the quick silver, And maybe seeing if I can adapt one of the other race style shifters. The search continues.

I dont mind cutting the plastic plate. Thats replaceable. I just dont want a long handle that I have to fight with to use.

Julio, there must be something wrong for You. I´ve checked the links from several PC´s, and it works great.

Back