Shippintg a block

olds443

Does anyone have any idea what shipping would cost for a bare v6 block from CA to NY or have any links to shipping sites?
Thanks for your help.:)

via a trucking company will be your best bet. UPS and Fedex won't touch it as it is too heavy.

-GNX7

A friend of mine works for CCX, Conway Central Express, and he told me that if you ship something like that put it on a pallet and tell the trucking co. that it weighs 500 lbs. If you say it weighs less it will cost you more, don't know why just the way it is. I work parttime for a guy who ships fitness equipment and some of them only weigh 300 lbs. and we tell them they weigh 500 lbs. Call them and ask.
Tarey D.

OLDS443:

THis block(s) you are shipping wouldnt be from Ebay would it?

I just picked up two bare stage II blocks on there from california for $200

UPS will ship up to 150 lbs, we have done it many times...yes your UPS guy will hate you forever, but they will take them...put the block in a sturdy plywood crate built directly around the block....then shrink wrap it ....(and coat it with wheel bearing grease-->if you REALLY hate your UPS dood :D :eek:

<KM>

I had a couple blocks shipped, and honestly the best thing we did was just call around and see if its okay, and tell them its not too heavy and you will even help put it in the truck :)