should i take out my thrasher chip?

quickbrick

one of my friends let me have his thrasher chip.its a 92 street for stock injectors.my car had the stock chip in it when i bought it.i just wanted to try a different chip. it runs a whole lot better with the thrasher, only takes one try to start car used to take 2 trys, it idles smoother, tranny seems to shift better and other little things. the problem i have is should i put the stock chip back in until i get a new fuel pump and hotwire.the pump on there is stock i guess, my car has 123k on it. my car is a daily driver right now, i dont run it full throttle usually no more than a couple pounds of boost.by this summer i hope to have it ready to really run. i do have a 237 regulator, i have had the thrasher in for 2 days now and the only problem i had was going up a steep hill it will surge a little.the anti-theft is a plus too. you think i should pull it out?
thanks

I wouldnt put any chip in your car other than stock until you get the basic upgrades done. Factor in age and the fact that the fuel delivery in these cars was borderline to begin with and you're just asking for it.

Just a basic comment about the Thrasher. (Jay's advice is the best, btw) The Thrasher REQUIRES 45lbs FP with the line off. I just installed one and they are adament about NOT using the 237 regulator with their chips. I'd go back to stock until you get your fuel system up to snuff. ;)

well my question just got answered today. my fuel pump is pretty much dead. i did take the thrasher out after using it for 2 days. in thrashers website and instructions it says it is ok to use the 237 regulator, they say not to use the 233.but i dont know.

The 45 is NOT required really... mebbie your gauge will be off... :D

Seriously there are enough variables that this isnt always the case but still a good starting point. There are Ford stock equiv, stock, "less" than stock green stripes and 30lb green stripes. :)

I had no driveability issues with 37psi static and a Thrasher... go figure. Ran slightly better after correcting for the faultly press gauge tho! No noticeable changes by altering a pound or two either way in driveability or performance.

Shawn