You can type here any text you want

Shut down a Mustang GT

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pvt num 11

Finally driving it
I usually drive like the respectable mature law-abiding citizen I am, but sometimes, I let the evil out a bit. This is one of those times. I'm on H-2, heading uphill for home at around three in the afternoon, when I spot a late-nineties Mustang coming in quickly on my rear. Normaly, I'd let him zip by me and go on his merry way, but this one was different. He didn't whip past me, he began to tailgate me. I guess he was annoyed by my slow piece of GM equipment, maybe he was scoffing at the "TURBO" emblem on the back, I have no idea. But I didn't like being tailgated, so I sped up. One, this gets tailgaters off my butt for a brief time, and two, it helps me determine if they're habitual tailgaters (no matter how fast or slow you go, they still stay locked on your bumper) or that they just came up quick and haven't backed off yet.

He sped up. Then he got over two lanes, to get around a slower vehicle. A glance at the speedo confirms that I'm just creeping past seventy in a fifty-five zone. Pretty normal for H-2, really. I see him getting on it, I suppose to prove that his paperweight car is superior to my outdated piece of GM crap, and I seem to attract Mustang drivers with this car like white on rice. I guess the Pace Car sticker gets their ego riled up or something. Psycological warfare is pretty neat, when you think about it.

I downshift into Drive and give it a good amount of gas. Mr. GT wasnt' expecting that, so he fals behind. I let up at eighty, and box him in so he has no choice but to get back behind me. I let off to cruise past the slower cars, and he's got his car locked on my bumper like a heat-seeking missile. Fine - he can't pass me yet, and I hold the initiative. I act, he has to react.

Finally, the road opens up a bit, and I have a clear half-mile to play with. Back into Drive I go, and I put about three-quarters throttle down, and the car is up and off. Boost is cool. The GT fades into the background, and I let off at ninety and coast back down to the limit. I guess he didn't want to play then, either. Not much of a race, really, more like toying with him. Still pretty fun.

He gave me to loser fly-by later on, as I was done screwing around and had settled into doing forty in a thirty-five zone. I guess he thought I would gor for that bait and try to catch up, but he turned off anyway. Besides all that, cops are known to poach in that particular area by Schofield. I guess in total, the GT tried three times to get past me and failed.

GT-0 TTA-3

Nice Kill! I noticed when I'm in my GN I don't ever get Rustangs to play with me.. yet in the TTA for some stupid reason they feel the need to play and get their a$$ handed to them every time

:D

I've yet to go to the track - previous powner claimed 13.8 stock, 13.2 with a chip. They didn't save their slips, though, and that was a few years back. I'd probably not do as well, I haven't a clue how to launch this thing from a stop, and it could use a good tuneup, too.

Looking at your sig, you would anhialate me in quick order. I did have a late C-5 Corvette totally run away from me this morning, though, and I really didn't feel like playing catch-up. He didn't sound stock, it was a nice throaty growl, louder and deeper then stock.

Oh I was just teasin' ya on the "damn mustang owner" thing.

I can't wait to find my own GN, that's why I started posting on this site.

Good kill none the less, tune that thing up and git 'er to the track!!

Back