You can type here any text you want

Smoked an LT4

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REGL8R

I was just getting my windows adjusted and I was praying to find a race just because my car is finally running perfect after getting it completley restored. Sure enough I see a silver corvette in the distance. I get through traffic hoping he wouldn't get off before the exit to my house(happens to be a long straight road). He doesn't get off and I pull next to him, I pull up next to him and gave him a smile before I got in front of him. Sure enough he follows me off the highway and we catch a red. The car had racing stripes on the fenders, exhaust from what I could tell, and a lt4 sticker on the bumper. I wait for him to punch it just because I dont like to start races on the street because you never know who it could be. He gets on it and get about a car before I spool up, 17 psi and he is at least 4 cars behind me in a few seconds. Then....POP!! Thought I broke something because I wasnt going anywhere fast. Funny thing is that it was my wastegate rod, thank God. He eventually passed me but its good to know that I smoked him for that period of time.

Sorry so long, its my first time with this car and the expression on that guys face was worth every moment of work.

I had THOUGHT all the Grand Sport vettes were dark blue?

I could be very wrong.:o

are you talking about the 96 grand sport, blue with the white stripes? they are all blue, all 500 or so of them. not the car he raced, i'm guessing it would have been a lot closer of a race if it was the grand sport.

I thought 96 up Vettes with 6spds ALL had LT4s.Only the auto's still had the LT1.And im only talking about c4s.

Originally posted by denn454
are you talking about the 96 grand sport, blue with the white stripes? they are all blue, all 500 or so of them. not the car he raced, i'm guessing it would have been a lot closer of a race if it was the grand sport.
in 96 they also made a collectors ED, LT4 they are all silver rated at 330 hp like the GS just as fast as GS and LS1s not too many around.

Not sure if he put the hash mark or what but I definitly noticed the lt4 sticker. Wow 330 hp that makes me very happy if that is in fact the car. My car should beat that pretty easily though, I have champion irons, cam, te-60, and all the little things.

My buddies bone stock(down to the filter) 1996 lt-4 CE went a best of 13.19 @107 on regular street radials--so they are pretty quick cars.

Geoff

I just sold my 96 lt4 6spd car. I installed 411 gears, hot cam, exhaust throttle body, all the normal stuff. It was a fun car but just didnt do it for me like the buicks do. It was probably a mid to low 12 car without the 150 nos kit kicking. It was quick but just didnt have that "oh my gawd" pull like the GNs do. It did however turn and stop quite well!

Dave:D

All Vettes (manual) have had 6 speeds since early 90's. Vendors sell the GS style fender stripes. They are nice cars. Good kill.

Nick

Back