You can type here any text you want

Smokin' Stangs n' Beemers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Smoked a new 335i the other day in my my mostly stock GN.
Completely buried him. They have twin turbo's but all they seem to do is suck wind.

Smoked what appeared to be an 04 GT Stang in my GN yesterday
He came around a right turn right behind me all full of attitude, so I nailed it. Just walked away from him.

Smoked a BMW M5 in my Camaro today. Friday is Camaro day!

First smoked him from a roll starting in 2nd gear…he was on my rear bumper, so I nailed it and just walked him hard through 3rd…then stopped the humiliation.

We ended up next to each other at the next light.

He was looking over at me nodding as if he still had something to show me

Light went green.

I only went half into it in 1st and gave him a head start and then when I shifted into 2nd I nailed it. He was about one length in front of me. Just as my tires stopped spinning at the top of 2nd, I was already going around him. Banged 3rd and watched him crying over his “driving machine” car payment from my rear view mirror...wiping his eyes dry with his lamb skin nancy boy driving gloves. Still had plenty of room to slow down before catching up to traffic.

I like killing Euro crap as much as I do Mustangs and fart can tuners.

:-)

Smoked a new 335i the other day in my my mostly stock GN.
Completely buried him. They have twin turbo's but all they seem to do is suck wind.

Smoked what appeared to be an 04 GT Stang in my GN yesterday
He came around a right turn right behind me all full of attitude, so I nailed it. Just walked away from him.

Smoked a BMW M5 in my Camaro today. Friday is Camaro day!

First smoked him from a roll starting in 2nd gear…he was on my rear bumper, so I nailed it and just walked him hard through 3rd…then stopped the humiliation.

We ended up next to each other at the next light.

He was looking over at me nodding as if he still had something to show me

Light went green.

I only went half into it in 1st and gave him a head start and then when I shifted into 2nd I nailed it. He was about one length in front of me. Just as my tires stopped spinning at the top of 2nd, I was already going around him. Banged 3rd and watched him crying over his “driving machine” car payment from my rear view mirror...wiping his eyes dry with his lamb skin nancy boy driving gloves. Still had plenty of room to slow down before catching up to traffic.

I like killing Euro crap as much as I do Mustangs and fart can tuners.

:-)

Yeah, the new BMW 335i sucks. Now, don't mistake Euro's to be expensive but slow because there are some that can suprise you. For instance, the Dinan 850 BMW. Those came with around 600 ft. lb of torque. But, great kill:cool:

Yeah, the new BMW 335i sucks. Now, don't mistake Euro's to be expensive but slow because there are some that can suprise you. For instance, the Dinan 850 BMW. Those came with around 600 ft. lb of torque. But, great kill:cool:

Ya but...not a lot of them around.
In reality, the Danan 850 isn't a whole lot quicker then the M5/6 for some reason. Even the twin turbo concept only did 0-60 in 4.0 seconds with over 700HP and about the same TQ....maybe they weren't pushing it... They are geared for top end rather than 1/4 mile acceleration. If I find one....I'll try him out....but I'd consider a 2007 Z06 a bigger kill....just can't seem to get lined up with one.

The M5/6 go 0-60 on 4.5, make 500HP but are weak on TQ with less than 400.

The slightly modified ZZ502 in my Camaro is making about 550HP and 575TQ at the flywheel.:D This is a mildly built big block...I could take it up over 600HP with a cam swap, but what's the point....can't even hook as it is....:eek:

Anyway...I'm either on fire today, or a complete idiot...or both(Safest bet). But I couldn't drive anywhere in the Camaro without someone trying to take me on. On the way home I added a lady in a 335i (she started it....her hubby was a passenger), 550i, Cararra 4S and another WRX STi to the kill list.
Oh....and a Fed Ex truck....does that count?

The old guy in the 4S freaked out. He started it so I banged second hard and went around him kinda sideways with the wheels spinning. After I got ahead of him he backed way off as if he thought I was gonna crash.

This Camaro is a blast to drive, but I'm looking forward to the day when I get my GN into the same real of acceleration....or better.:biggrin:

Nice kill!

Cant wait to finish my Camaro this summer a terrorize the locals.:biggrin:

Yup...that 67 is looking sweet already.
What color you going to go with?

I have had a first gen Camaro pretty much ever since I was 16 (three 68's and one 69) I love these cars. And these days, it's so easy to get parts for them...you can build whatever you want straight out of a catalog....even a full brand spanking new first gen!
The red and white 69 on the cover of the May Super Chevy is owned by a guy I know who lives up North. Another buddy of mine is building a 69 Camaro with a twin turbo 406 that'll be sportin' about 1250 HP. NUTS!

I love the Grand Nationals too. Wanted one ever since they came out and finally got this one back in October. The thing I like about the Turbo Buicks is most of them look so unassuming....then they buzz off and leave you screaming "Why me? Why me?"
:p

The car is already painted black:cool:

Here's a list of what I've done.

I took it all apart, podwer coated the sub-frame,global west upper & lower a-arms,Q1a coil overs,wilwood disc brakes front and back,powder coated ford 9" narrowed 3 inches,detroit speed mini-tub,hot rods to hell truck arm rear suspension,roll bar,small block 383,eagle crank & rods,srp pistons,isky roller cam,bowtie heads,edelbrock super victor,demon carb,msd ignition,new wiring, and some other stuff.
The motor went 11:60's in the 1/4 mile in a 70 nova with slicks.:smile:
I just have to do the interior,put the trim & weather stripping on, and get my wheels, and should be good to go!

I love camaros too. I've had an 86 IROC, 71 RS, 97 Z28, 68 RS, and my 67 that I kept.

Hey, how do you like the new Camaro?

Here's some more pics.

000_0006.jpg

000_0003.jpg

000_0012.jpg

000_0002.jpg

haha @ Beamers.

Good kills. I've also wasted a M5 in my mostly stock White car running E-85. :biggrin:

The car is already painted black:cool:

Here's a list of what I've done.

I took it all apart, podwer coated the sub-frame,global west upper & lower a-arms,Q1a coil overs,wilwood disc brakes front and back,powder coated ford 9" narrowed 3 inches,detroit speed mini-tub,hot rods to hell truck arm rear suspension,roll bar,small block 383,eagle crank & rods,srp pistons,isky roller cam,bowtie heads,edelbrock super victor,demon carb,msd ignition,new wiring, and some other stuff.
The motor went 11:60's in the 1/4 mile in a 70 nova with slicks.:smile:
I just have to do the interior,put the trim & weather stripping on, and get my wheels, and should be good to go!

I love camaros too. I've had an 86 IROC, 71 RS, 97 Z28, 68 RS, and my 67 that I kept.

Hey, how do you like the new Camaro?

Sweet!
I couldn't tell from the thumbnail in your sig if it was already painted or if it was primered. Black looks good on these cars. I'm actually thinking about going with hotrod black on mine.:D

Let me know what you think about the H2H truckarms. I was thinking about those too, until DSE came out with their Q-Link. I heard the truckarms have a tendancy to rattle a bit....but they do make the Camaro handle like a slot car and will help you hook too.;) That's gonna be a nice handling ride!

You'll like the front end mods you've done. Did the same on my 68. Are you going to go with the newer spindles that raise the upper ball joint by 2". These are supposed to do wonders for the handling also. Also get yourself some solid tie rod sleeves if you havent already...and there are some good aftermarket tie rod ends out there that all but eliminate the nasty bumpsteer there Camaros are known for. I'm still stock on my tie rod ends and spindles.

If you haven't already, check out Lateral-g.net :: The g-Machine Network.  A Pro-Touring and g-Machine Community with pictures and forums and Welcome to Pro-Touring.com & G-Machines.com for some great tips and tricks. Then there's David Posi's site Team Camaro at Camaros.net Camaro Internet Resource.

The new 2010 Camaro...well...lets just say I wish they would have stayed more retro in the look (like Ford did with the Stang and Dodge has done with the Challenger) and made it look more like some of the early 3D renderings that made their rounds on the web. The way it is, it looks like they blended a 69 front with a vette back and threw in some mustang from the side. It's OK...but I'm not a huge fan. I saw it up close at the SEMA show a few months back.

Tim

You'll like the front end mods you've done. Did the same on my 68. Are you going to go with the newer spindles that raise the upper ball joint by 2". These are supposed to do wonders for the handling also. Also get yourself some solid tie rod sleeves if you havent already...and there are some good aftermarket tie rod ends out there that all but eliminate the nasty bumpsteer there Camaros are known for. I'm still stock on my tie rod ends and spindles.

Yeah, I went with 2" lowered Superior Spindles and Wilwood 12.19" rotors.Superior Spindles sells kits with Wilwood disc brake set up.The calipers bolt right on to the spindles.
I got solid tie rod ends from Global West.All I need is a sway bar.
I'll keep you posted on how it handles, I still want to find out my self.Hopefully I'll find out this summer.:D

Back